Free standard shipping in the U.S. | 30-Day Return Policy
The Luminosity Sensor is an expansion board designed for MESH GPIO. With MESH GPIO, a change in luminosity can be used as a trigger for an action.
- Power Supply Voltage ：3.3 V
- Output Voltage：0 - 3.3 V (dark to bright)
- R3、R4、SJ1: for adjusting the sensitivity
- Schematic (PDF)
- Manufactured by Switch Science
Learn more about the Luminosity Sensor:
Example: Play a bell when there is a change in ambient light.
In this is a recipe the luminosity sensor will detect when ambient light falls below a certain level and will trigger the sound of a bell (using the speaker on the tablet or smartphone) as an alert of the change in ambient light.
How this recipe works:
- Use MESH Button to set the GPIO's Vout Supply to "On'
- Set Analog In of MESH GPIO to Trigger (Above → Below) Threshold 0.4 V
- Connect MESH GPIO (Analog In) to Speaker software block and set the block to play the "Bell" sound